Space-saving party wall
The IW148’s limited thickness (148mm) makes it a space-saving party wall. This solid wall has excellent acoustic insulation (56dB) and very high fire-resistance: at least 120 minutes. The IW148 is a double-layer system. You put the wall together yourself on the building site using two VP54 panels with a 40mm cavity in between them. This anchorless cavity – which will need to filled with mineral wool – – prevents impact noise and guarantees sound insulation.
The IW148 is eminently suitable for use in refurbishments, to separate homes in a space-saving way and to subdivide homes into smaller units. The wall is also frequently used in places where discretion is required, such as hotel rooms, offices, laboratories and hospitals. The IW148 is also very popular in sound studios, for instance.
- Sustainable raw materials and constituents, sustainable manufacture, sustainable use.
- Good nail and screw fixing across the whole surface : 110kg per screw, 230kg per coach screw, without plugs.
- Two built-in vertical cable ducts per wall element.
- Dry build: building work causes minimum amount of inconvenience, can be finished directly.
- We also supply matching frames.
- Thickness: 148 mm.
- Width: 400 of 600mm.
- Height: six heights, ranging from 2400 to 3600mm.
- Weight: 58.24 kg/m2
- Finish: apply finish yourself using paint, decorative plaster, tiles, wallpaper, glass fibre, stuccowork or Faay-wall spray finish. Alternatively, you can opt for a prefab-finish with vinyl: Suwide® or Durafort.
- For use in dry, wet and sanitary areas in commercial premises, industrial buildings and homes.
- For use in new developments, refurbishments and transformations.
- We recommend that you apply FAAYFIX® adhesive to panel joints in wet areas. NB: It will then no longer be possible to dismantle and reuse the walls.